Thursday 25 August 2011

Tasty tuna pasta

I'm sure I'm not the only one that hates grocery shopping, so I am often left looking in the fridge and realising I don't have much to cook dinner with! That's where a few things in the pantry and freezer come in very handy to whip up a quick, healthy meal.


Large can of tuna in olive oil (425g)
1 x large onion, chopped
1 x clove garlic, crushed
500g Frozen peas
500g pasta (I use gluten free)
Optional- chili flakes


1. Sauté onions, garlic and chili flakes for 3-5 mins with a little oil in a pan.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet instructions.
3. Add frozen peas and tuna (with olive oil) to onions and cook for a further few minutes until peas cooked through.
4. Add tuna mixture to drained pasta and serve immediately with extra chili flakes if desired.




So simple but tasty!!
I use gluten free pasta made out of predominately rice. I find it is not as heavy as normal pasta and actually surprisingly quite good!



No comments:

Post a Comment