Monday 24 August 2020

Chicken fajitas


My three year old girls ask me every morning what is for dinner and if I mention anything mexican they
get super excited! I think kids love using their hands and making a mess so as long as they eat their dinner (which I can guarantee with my mexican recipes they will) then I don't mind at all!

I use corn tortillas which makes this meal gluten free and by using your own spices rather than packaged mexican sachets, you cut down on all the salt and preservatives but not favour.



1-2 tbs olive oil
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp oregano leaves
2 cloves of garlic
chilli powder to taste
2 tsp ground cumin
500g chicken strips (I use tenderloins)
2 onions, cut into thin slices
2 capsicums, cut into strips
juice of one lemon

1. Marinade chicken with lemon, paprika, oregano, garlic, cumin and chilli for 30 minutes.
2. In the meantime over medium heat, fry onions for 5 mins. Add capsicums and cook for another 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add chicken to pan and cook for 5 minutes over high heat until brown. Add the capsicums and onions, stir together and transfer to a serving dish.
4. Serve with tortillas and a variety of accompaniments. My favourites are corn kernels, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, avacado, cheese and fresh coriander to finish it off.




No comments:

Post a Comment