Wednesday 4 April 2012

So simple pumpkin soup

This has got to be the simplest soup to make and even simpler if you have a thermomix!
This was my lifesaver recipe when my girls were teething and didn't want to eat  (a very rare occurrence for them!) I just served it to them cold and they loved it. I have tried this soup with a few different pumpkins, but I find the kent variety is the tastiest.

1kg Kent pumpkin, peeled and roughly cut into pieces
2 carrots, roughly chopped
1 sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
2 cups of water
Salt & pepper to taste

Place all vegetables in a large saucepan with water and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes until soft. Blend the vegetables until smooth using a stick mixer or blender. Add salt and pepper to taste.


I tend not to thin out the soup much with water as I prefer a thicker soup, but you could add more water if you like a thinner consistency. I figure the less water I add, the more vegetables my girls will get in each bowl!
I also freeze the soup in small portions for last minute dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment