Wednesday 22 February 2012

Gluten free bubble cereal

Every morning my girls wake up and the first thing they ask for is their "bubbles!" This is just a mixture of gluten free puffed grains I mix together with added seeds and berries. A great alternative to those packaged breakfast cereals that can be full of added sugar and fat and perfect for those following a gluten free diet.

In each bowl I place an equal quantity of puffed rice and puffed millet (or amaranth) and mix together. I also give them a small bowl on the side with a mixture of different seeds (usually pumpkin and sunflower seeds) and goji berries and let them add them to the cereal. I find it's a good way to keep them interested and involved.




Puffed rice can be found in the health food aisles in most supermarkets and the other puffed grains normally only in health food shops. Goji berries are great because they are full of antioxidants but any dried fruit could be used.

I know alot of people struggle to get their kids to eat breakfast but I have the opposite problem. I have to stop them after their third bowl! (after all, they are only two!)

No comments:

Post a Comment