Monday 12 September 2011

Making vegies fun!

We all know what kids can be like with eating vegies, so I am always trying to think of ways of encouraging my toddlers to eat them. I find by allowing them to become involved with the cooking process and making mealtimes fun can help.



I lay out different coloured bowls filled with an assortment of vegies ie broccoli, corn, grated carrot, half an avocado and some rice & corn cakes. I give my girls a spoon, a plastic knife and let them scoop out the avocado and spread it on the rice cakes and then add toppings. They seem to love "playing" with the food and sometimes will sit there for half an hour exploring and experimenting!  (there is no way I could get them to sit down eating for more than 5 minutes normally!)
Even though it looks like they are just playing, I am always surprised at how much gets eaten.


No comments:

Post a Comment