Tuesday 26 July 2011

Delicious date balls


My girls absolutely love these! I make a big batch of them at a time and store in the fridge for up to two weeks. They are so simple and easy to make and even my 12 year old sister (who is the fussiest person I know!) thinks they are delicious!

















Date balls:

250g pitted dates
100g LSA
1-2 tbs honey (or 1-2 tbs vegetable oil)
desiccated coconut to coat (~ 0.5 cup)

1.Put the dates in a food processor(or thermomix if you are lucky enough to own one!) and blend until a smooth paste forms.
2.Add the LSA (linseed, sunflower, almond meal) and blend until combined. I use LSA but you could use any seeds or nut meal you like.
3. If the mixture isn't sticking together so you can form balls, add 1-2 tbs of honey (or vegetable oil) and process until the mixture can be rolled into balls. The amount of honey or oil you need to add will depend on how soft the dates are to start with.
4. Form into small balls and then coat with dessicated coconut. I'm sure if you have older kids, they would love to help with this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment